How I can help your students
I work with many different classes in many different ways. Here are some examples, and the ideal lead time I need to prep (and to avoid calendaring conflicts!):
- A customized Course Guide
- A short meet & greet with me, and intro to/refresher on library research (5-20 minutes)
- 1 week lead time
- Useful for consultation-intensive classes
- A deeper dive into information literacy, or a guided working session (60-90 minutes)
- Small group consultations (in which I meet with 1-4 students at once)
- Self-scheduled with the student, but it's helpful for me to have warning if you're directing the whole class to make appointments with me.
- It's often helpful for me to come in for a few minutes to class to introduce myself to the students and to briefly address some commonly asked questions.
- Feel free to put the link to my scheduler in your syllabus or on Moodle: https://go.carleton.edu/scalhoun
...or something else! Always feel free to reach out, no matter when it is.