You have two options
Option 1: Sync with your online account
This method allows you to sync up to 300MB of screenshots or PDFs (which is not a lot!).
In Zotero, click the Gear icon and click "preferences"
Enter your Zotero username and password and "Set up syncing"
Select which libraries to sync and make sure that the "sync automatically" and "sync full text content" boxes are checked.
Option 2: Sync with your online account and save PDFs in a webDAV folder
This method allows for 10GB of PDF storage (no single file can be larger than 250MB).
- In Zotero, click the Gear icon and click "preferences"
- Click "sync"
- Enter your Zotero username and password and "set up syncing"
- Go to or set up your webDAV account (we recommend Box, which allows for a free account)
- Create a folder in your webDAV account that is named "zotero" with a lowercase z. Don't put this folder inside any other folders in your account -- it must be at the top level of your folder structure.
- In Zotero, in the "sync" section of the preferences, select "Sync attachment files in My Library Using... WebDAV."
- The screen that results, fill in the URL with your webDAV URL (if you use Box you will enter "dav.box.com/dav" into that URL box.
- Enter your webDAV username and password (i.e. your Box username and password) and click "Verify Server"