Some things to keep in mind about LGBT government information (gov. info.):
- Gov. info. reflects the historical and current state of LGBT issues
(e.g. Census efforts to tabulate same-sex marriage)
- NGOs may harvest gov. info. in an easier-to-use interface
- Guidelines affect reporting. What is available and what may be missed?
(e.g. hate crime statistics)
- Watch for communication from government orgs. about topical issues.
- Agency initiatives may indicate of Executive branch leadership.
- Historical language and terminology can be important when searching digital collections.
(e.g. Union of Sexual Minorities).