I work with many different classes in many different ways. Here are some examples, and the ideal lead time I need to prep (and to avoid calendaring conflicts!):
- The Library's Syllabus Statement
- A customized Course Guide
- A short meet & greet with me, and intro to/refresher on library research (5-20 minutes)
- 1 week lead time
- Useful for consultation-intensive classes
- A deeper dive into information literacy, or a guided working session (60-90 minutes)
- 2-4 weeks lead time
- A deeper dive into information literacy [such as: tips & tricks of specific databases; scavenger hunt for library sources; a discussion around source evaluation, etc.]
- Small group consultations (in which I meet with 1-4 students at once)
- Self-scheduled with the student(s), but it's helpful for me to know if you're directing the whole class to make appointments with me.
- Feel free to put the link to my scheduler in your syllabus or on Moodle: https://go.carleton.edu/cpeterson3
...or something else! Always feel free to reach out, no matter when it is.