Where do reference resources (encyclopedias) fit into your research? They are great tools for research tasks like:
- getting an overview of your topic
- finding out what research has been done in your area over a long period of time
- discovering synonyms or keywords that will apply to your topic
- creating a list of authors to investigate
- discovering additional resources in the bibliography
Using the Catalyst search box above, you can do a keyword search and narrow down your results to "reference entries" on the left-hand side, after you have run a search. This will allow you to discover reference articles by name and the encyclopedias where those can be found.