Librarians love to talk with you about your research projects, for class or comps!
Quick tips for getting started:
1. Start with Catalyst to search for books in Carleton and St. Olaf libraries AND articles from our thousands of journal subscriptions.
2. Use the references you already have to find more. Use Google Scholar and Web of Science to find articles and books that cite the author or article you already have in hand.
3. Try lots of different search terms and databases. The political science databases are listed on this guide under "Articles." To find the full text of an article, search for the title of the publication it's in using the library Journals list. Just go to the Journals tab from the library home page
4. There's no substitute for browsing the shelves for relevant books. Political Science books are mostly in the 'J's, on the 2nd floor of the Libe. General social science books are mostly in the 'H's and law books in the 'K's.
5. Don't be afraid to ask the librarians any and all questions! We're here to help :)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Springshare.