Endnote at Carleton
The Gould Library has purchased an EndNote software site license for the Carleton College community. EndNote may be installed on any computer owned by Carleton, its students, or its employees.
If you are a member of the Carleton College community, you may use the links in this guide to download and install EndNote, and download the style, filter, and connection files.
- Use the Tabs at the top of the page to browse through the difference sections
- The Endnote Download tab has several subtabs that divide the page for material for Mac and PC's.
- The help page contains several help resources as well as Endnote video tutorials.
What is EndNote?
- EndNote is an online search tool -- it provides a simple way to search online bibliographic databases and retrieve the references directly into EndNote. (EndNote can also import data files saved from a variety of online services and library databases.)
- EndNote is a reference and image database -- it specializes in storing, managing, and searching for bibliographic references in your private reference library. Now you can organize images including charts, figures, and equations with a caption and your own keywords.
- EndNote is a bibliography and manuscript maker -- it formats citations and figures in Microsoft Word with the Cite While You Write technology. Watch the bibliography and figure list appear as you insert citations in your manuscript. New Microsoft Word templates guide you through the exacting manuscript requirements of publishers.
The new EndNote X7 version is now available! Please update your EndNote if you use Mac OS 10.8.5 or higher or Windows 7 or 8. Be certain to run the updaters for EndNote X7!!!!!!
The older version of EndNote X6 for Mac does not work with Mac OS 10.9.x.
The Gould Library has purchased an EndNote software site license for the Carleton College community. EndNote may be installed on any computer owned by Carleton, its students, or its employees using the links on this page. Please contact the appropriate person listed below if you have any questions.