Author = Use it if it's given. If not, leave blank.
Title of article = The Re-Appearance Of Cattle Plague In North Lancashire
- NOTE: In this case, the title as given in the database-supplied data is incomplete. You'll need to write in the rest yourself.
Publication title = Times (London)
- NOTE: Leave in the place of publication, since there are multiple newspapers called The Times. London is a well known city, so it needs no country afterward.
Publication date = December 13, 1866
- NOTE: Include edition or section information if applicable. This example has neither.
- NOTE: Page numbers may usually be omitted for newspaper articles.
- NOTE: Because Gale supplies a tinyurl that is stable, you do not also need to include the name of the database: "To cite an article consulted online, include the URL or, if no suitable URL is available, the name of the database." I have put it here out of an abundance of caution.
- NOTE: Because this is a stable archive and not a live news site (unlike, say, the Washington Post app), you do not need to include a time stamp from when you accessed the article online.